Re: Notebook programming: SlideShow: emulating bullet at-a-time

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83943] Re: Notebook programming: SlideShow: emulating bullet at-a-time
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:09:38 -0500 (EST)

Here is another approach that I have used for other things in
http://scientificarts.com/worklife

This is to have a notebook that contains in its TaggingRules the data
(in your case various sets of cells in temporal sequence contained in
a list) the material that you want to access.  A click of your IR
Remote would then execute a function that takes this data, grabs the
next set of cells from the list, writes them to the end of your
notebook, and then deletes that set from the list. (TaggingRules
doesn't need to conatain rules: it can contain any data one wishes.)
Note that one can use Tagging Rules at the notebook level or at the
cell level. So, for example you might have a Section cell that has
TaggingRules that contain the bullets that are to be displayed below
it.

Of course this is just a proto idea and needs some actual work to see
if it's viable.

Best regards,

David