Binary Vector Manipulation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84087] Binary Vector Manipulation
  • From: Tara.Ann.Lorenz at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:32:36 -0500 (EST)

I am need of assistance programming the following scenario:

I have two vectors composed of 0's and 1's.  Vector "A" has 5% 1's
(and 95% 0's) while Vector "B" has 50% 1's and 50% 0's.

First, I would like to change Vector B to have a "1" in every place
that Vector A also has a "1" (in other words, I will then have more
than 50% 1's in Vector B once this step is completed).

Then, I would like to *randomly* return Vector B back to a 50/50
distribution of 1's and 0's.

I greatly appreciate any proposed programming methods.

Thank you,
Tara