Re: Inset problems & Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84139] Re: Inset problems & Export
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:10:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the fix!

> EPS (and PDF) export uses the PrintingStyleEnvironment option (which
> by default is set to "Printout"), and this seems to be what is causing
> the problem with Inset.  You can work around this problem by
> temporarily setting this option to "Working" instead of "Printout".

This certainly solves my problem, and I'm not going to begin to wonder
about why it happens. Note for anyone paying attention, to get the
Inset to fully surround the Row (without cropping it), I need to write

Graphics@Inset[Row@{g1, g2}, {0, 0}]

instead of the simpler

Graphics@Inset@Row@{g1, g2}

I also wouldn't have a clue why this is necessary :)

Best regards,
Will