Re: Vertical tick labels in BarChart

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84147] Re: Vertical tick labels in BarChart
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:29:50 -0500 (EST)

I can give another answer to my original question that was given to me
by Carl Woll of Wolfram Research.  It uses an experimental feature of
Mathematica so is subject to the usual caveats that it may have some
bugs, is experimental and subject to change:

labelsr = (Experimental`Rotated[#1, Pi/2] &) /@ labels

BarChart[vals, BarLabels -> labelsr]

This is very nice and easy and provides a lot of flexibility.  You can
rotate the labels by arbitrary angles, rotate only a subset, etc.

John