Re: using Dsolve for equation: y'' + |y|^2y=ay
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg84408] Re: using Dsolve for equation: y'' + |y|^2y=ay
- From: kem <kemelmi at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 20:41:20 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Dec 20, 11:52 pm, kem <keme... at gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to use DSolve to solve the equation: y'' + |y|^2 > y=ay ? > > DSolve[y''[x] + Abs[y[x]]^2 y[x] - a y[x] == 0, y[x], x] > > gives some strange solution with symbols like K$1764^2 > > thanks I forgot to mention that my solution y is complex ... Thanks !