Re: Re: Re: Re: how fill PolarPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84477] Re: [mg84465] Re: [mg84455] Re: [mg84431] Re: [mg84420] how fill PolarPlot?
  • From: Brett Champion <brettc at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:41:40 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 26, 2007, at 4:09 AM , Murray Eisenberg wrote:

> My fault: I didn't find what I was looking for about ColorFunction
> with
> PolarPlot on the ColorFunction reference page, and I failed to seek it
> on the PolarPlot page.
>
> But this would probably not have happened had PolarPlot also been
> mentioned on that ColorFunction page.  (Or did I overlook it there?)

No, PolarPlot and a few other functions are missing from the table on
the ColorFunction page.  For XXXXPlot documentation, I generally
suggest looking at the documentation for the function first, instead
of the options.  The function documentation should have fairly
complete coverage of how the options can be used in ways specific to
that function, but the documentation for the options frequently just
samples the functions that have that option.

(An exception to this is that general graphics options like
AspectRatio or Background that don't have any special behavior for a
function generally aren't covered in any detail, if at all.)

Brett Champion
Wolfram Research