How do I linebreak a notebook in XHTML+MathML format?

I'm exporting my mathematica as XHTML+Mathml but I can't see anyway of
forcing the mathml expressions to linewrap after a certain number of
characters. I need to force a particular line wrapping as the software
I'm using to display the MathML has no line-breaking

I've also tried exporting as plain HTML but the generated gifs are
very low resolution, is there any way to change that?

Thanks,
Alex