Fwd: Re: subscribe
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73202] Fwd: Re: subscribe
- From: Pava <lkhagvad at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 05:38:29 -0500 (EST)
I would like to ask for your help from those who actually use quad core machines with Mathematica.
1. More specifically, I would like to know what experiences other academic users have on running Mathematica on Quad Core Linux. And also, is it difficult to set up and get it running? At this stage any comment is valuable from those who have it all working nicely?
2. I got the following negative general comment on running multi-processor for paralel computing. "The parallization is done at the beginning of the run. So,
if you tell the program (or the program finds) there are 4 cores available at the start of the program, it grabs them and assumes they will be available exclusively to the program. If a second user logs in and tries to run something, processing speed will be terrible." Is this also the case with the Mathematica Quad Core combination?
Thank you very much for all your help.
TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
Prev by Date:
Re: String to number
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: TextListPlot with colored texts
Next by thread:
Re: Fwd: Re: subscribe