Re: Problem with new Mathematica Installation on Linux

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Ruth wrote :
> Type
>
> Add the line
>
> export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
>
> to  the mathematica script (mine is at
> /usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/5.2/Executables)
>
> The drivers are no problem. I am using an ATI card with the proprietary=

> driver and it goes fine.

That's the good advice.

Mathematica 5.2 now displays its workspace correctly, without the
strange transparencies making it unusable before that under Linux.

Best regards,

-- Fran=E7ois LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org