Re: RandomArray from user defined distribution?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73345] Re: [mg73319] RandomArray from user defined distribution?
  • From: bsyehuda at
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:58:05 -0500 (EST)

Poisson distribution is a count process.
If you need to generate a sampled data, I assume that you want that the
count process of the sampled data would be Poisson distributed, and this can
be done with a renewal process, where the time intervals between the reneal
points is exponential distributed, therefore,

<< Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`
FoldList[Plus, 0, RandomArray[ExponentialDistribution[1], 100]] // Rest
generates 100 points of the "sampled data" (with rate 1)

I'm certain you would be able to continue from that point