Re: conditional plotstyles in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73360] Re: conditional plotstyles in ListPlot
  • From: "dimitris" <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 05:15:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Stern.

Ignore the previous reply in the other post of you.
It needs a lot effort and as you can see it can not provide with the
desired result.

Trying harder and consulting the Mathematica Graphics book by T
Whickam Jones I came to the conclusion that
something like the following should be what you want

<<Graphics`MultipleListPlot`

lst = Table[{i, Random[Real, {-1, 1}]}, {i, 20}]

lst1 = Take[lst, 10]
lst2 = Take[lst, -10]

MultipleListPlot[lst1, lst2, PlotJoined -> True, Frame -> {True, True,
False, False}, FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"},
  SymbolShape -> {PlotSymbol[Diamond, 4], PlotSymbol[Box, 3]},
SymbolStyle -> {Green, Magenta},
  PlotStyle -> {{Red, AbsoluteThickness[2], AbsoluteDashing[{3}]},
{Blue, AbsoluteThickness[2], AbsoluteDashing[{4}]}},
  GridLines -> Automatic, ImageSize -> 800, PlotLegend -> {"1", "2"}]

Best Regards
Dimitris

=CF/=C7 Stern =DD=E3=F1=E1=F8=E5: