Re: Comments in the front end

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73408] Re: Comments in the front end
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:09:17 -0500 (EST)

On 2/14/07 at 5:18 AM, p at dirac.org wrote:

>The front end is driving me batty.  I want to do hw using
>Mathematica, and put the problem statment at the top of the
>workbook.

>I put the problem statement within (*  *) but the formatting is
>horrendous, especially when I insert a matrix within the comments.

>Is there a way to tell Mathematica to leave comment formatting
>alone?

Why use inline comments? Simply enter the comment in a separate
cell and change it to be a text cell. On the Mac, this can be
quickly done with a cmd-7 shortcut.

Similarly, a matrix can be entered into a separate cell and
formated to use traditional format. Then then the cell
properties can be changed so that the cell will not be
evaluated. And changed so that it cannot be easily edited by mistake.

Using separate cells will give you a lot more flexibility in
commenting a notebook than inline comments