Re: Quick integral.

On Thursday 15 February 2007 11:01, Jouvenot, Fabrice wrote:

> The purpose of our work is to have something really quick.
> We made some simplifications, approximations, etc.
>
> We have now difficulties to accelerate it.
> We think we can run it faster if we ask Mathematica to calculate our
> integrals with only 2 significant numbers. But we tuned different
> parameters of Intergral to have a rude approximation of the integral and
> so have the calculus quicker than before.
> But (we are beginers with mathematica (but not in programing)) it do not
> seems to be less precise or faster.

As far as I understand, you can extend the precision of your computation, but
can hardly restraint it, because a restrained precision will finally always
use the default plateform floating point facilities (see $MachinePrecision),
these being faster than any other implementation you can make.

May I suggest you change the strategy for computing your numerical integral ?

--

Informatique scientifique et technique

         Jean-Marie Thomas

        mailto:jmt at dxdydz.net