Roman Numerals

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73568] Roman Numerals
  • From: Mr Ajit Sen <senra99 at>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:28:43 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mathgroup,

  Does Mathematica have any function to convert Arabic
  numerals to Roman, & vice versa? I'm thinking of
  something like

   Roman[2007]  ---> MMVII

   Arabic[MDCCLXIV] ---> 1764

  I just thought about that after seeing the date in
       the  credits of an old movie, & I reckoned it'd
be faster to use Mathematica than use a convertor on the Web.

I could not get any info from the Help browser or the archive.
A Yes/No  answer with a few words will do.  I don't
really need a code. Unless someone has plenty of spare

  Ajit Sen.