Re: ToMatlab limitations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73564] Re: ToMatlab limitations
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:26:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi Will,

you may replace subscipted Variables by "concatenated" variables by the

following rule:Subscript[x_, y_] :> Symbol[ToString[x] <> ToString[y]],

(note the ":>" )

To change Greek characters into strings I only have an ugly solution to

offer. Change the FullForm of your expression into a string, make the

replacements and change back to an expression. Here is an example,

packed into a function, but the same can as well be formulated as a rule:

gr2rom[x_] := Module[{s},

     s = ToString[FullForm[x]];

     s = StringReplace[s, RegularExpression["\\\\\[(\\w+)\\]"] -> "$1"];

     ToExpression[s]

     ]

Daniel