multi-threading on Mac OS X.

Hi,

 I'm trying to get full performance out of my Dual CPU PowerMac G5.

Using tests that I've found in the mathgroup e.g.:

Eigenvalues[Table[Random[], {1500}, {1500}]];

I never seem to get much more than 100% CPU load (fully loaded would be
200%), even when setting OMP_NUM_THREADS=2, as is recomended for other
OS's.

Does anyone know how to get mutli-threading full working on OS X?

Cheers,

Matt