Re: split again

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73671] Re: [mg73622] split again
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 02:18:13 -0500 (EST)

Your zSplit is missing a & and even then would never result in lists longer than one whose elements are all less than or equal to 0.7

Using a different zSplit

zSplit=Split[z,#1<=0.7 === #2<=0.7&];

With this Split, lists longer than one can only contain elements less than or equal to 0.7 so it is unnecessary to test the elements' values.

Creating mixed lists

zSplit=Split[z,#1<=0.7 && #2<=0.7||#1>0.7 && #2>0.7&];

Bob Hanlon