Symbol name extraction

Dear Group,

I have to write a list of parameters to a file, in string format.
In the first shot, I've tried something like this:

a = "x";
b = 0;
c = {1, 2, 3};

printSymbol[vars__] :=StringJoin[Map[(SymbolName[#] <> " = " <>
FullForm[#] <>";\n") &, {vars}]];

printSymbol[a, b, c]

but it fails to recognize symbol names. Any suggestion?
thanks in advance

Istvan Zachar