Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73774] Beginner--Problem with FilledPlot
  • From: anash at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 04:30:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello Forum,
I'm a new mathematica 5.2 user (under windows xp) and am just trying to get to grips with plotting functions etc. I've found somthing very odd happening that I cant really explain.

the function

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}] produces the expected Sine wave on a 2D graph,

However, when I try

<< Graphics`FilledPlot`
FilledPlot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi}]

I get nothing but a bare set of axes (of the correct dimensions). The original plot line is not even there!

Am I doing somthing remarkably dumb, or is there perhaps a problem with my instalation?

Any help much appreciated

TychoB

Link to the forum page for this post:
http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Special:Forum_ViewTopic&pid=17317#p17317