Dashing and PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72677] Dashing and PDF
  • From: Julia Gog <jrg20 at cam.nospam.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 04:47:17 -0500 (EST)

I'm having a bad time exporting PDFs from mathematica. The problem seems
to be down to having a plot using "Dashing" in its PlotStyle. It works
just fine within mathematica, and apparently can export a PDF file.
However Adobe Acrobat says "Illegal operation inside a path" when I try
open it, though Preview is happy to open it.

I usually want to open the PDFs in acrobat to crop white margins as they
seem to always come out of mathematica with a bunch of space underneath.

Is anyone else having problems opening exported PDFs in acrobat,
particularly with dashed lines?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Julia