Re: Directory ? Not the current working one !
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72727] Re: Directory ? Not the current working one !
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:03:50 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Laura Dabene wrote: > Hi > > I need a way to detect the directory a notebook has been saved in, > but none gotten by mean of ?*Directory* seems to be useful. > > As example, if MyNotebook.nb was saved in c:\MyDirectory > I would love to get > > In = WhereDoIDwell > Out = "c:\MyDirectory" > > instead of the current working directory as given by Directory. > > Any hints ? Thanks you a lot. > > Laura > > Hi Laura, Say that the current notebook is called "jm.nb" and is located in the directory "C:\projects\", then the following expression returns the path without the file name. In:= ToFileName[First["FileName" /. NotebookInformation[ EvaluationNotebook]]] Out= C:\projects\ Regards, Jean-Marc