Help with plotting and iterations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72808] Help with plotting and iterations
  • From: "ashesh" <ashesh.cb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 03:48:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello All,

Need help in working with Mathematica to determine (result_aa,
result_bb) values over a range of variable "p".

p = 0.01;

a = 0.5; b = 0.25; h = 0.25;
m = b/a;
m1 = Sqrt[1-m m];
z = (p-i h)/b;   (z is complex and (i h) represents imaginary part)
t = ArcSin[z];
t1 = Re[t];
t2 = -Im[t];
b1 = Cot[t1]^2 + m^2*Sinh[t2]-m1;
c = m1^2*Cot[t1]^2;
Solve[x^2 - b1*x - c,x];
x = x/. %
x = Last[x];  {i need the positive root from the two}
aa = ArcCot[Sqrt[x]];
bb = Arctan[Sqrt[x/m1]];
Faa = EllipticF[aa,m];
Fbb = EllipticF[bb,m1];

result_aa(count) = Faa;
result_bb(count) = Fbb;
count = count+1

I would like to determine the values of Faa and Fbb over a range of p =
0.01 to 10 with increments of 0.01 till 1.0 and then an increment of 1,
that is [0.01:0.01:1 2:1:10]

Finally, I would like to plot with result_aa along x-axis and result_bb
along y-axis.

Hope some one can solve the above problem.

Ashesh