Re: Dashing and PDF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72814] Re: Dashing and PDF
  • From: Julia Gog <jrg20 at cam.nospam.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 04:12:56 -0500 (EST)

Thanks - that example works ok for me. I've still been stumped as this
one seems really pathological, but here is an example for something
which does not work on mine:

(OSX, Mathematica 5.2, Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional)

g = ListPlot[Table[{ i, i }, {i, 1, 50}], PlotStyle ->
         Dashing[{0.01, 0.01}], PlotJoined -> True];
fa = Show[{g, g}];
Export["t.pdf", fa, "PDF"];

Necessary features to reproduce the error seem to be:
-joined up ListPlot
-two plotted together in Show
-dashing
-A MULTIPLE OF 50 POINTS in listplot table

This is clearly weird and I would be curious to see if this works or not
for anyone else. However it is easy enough for me to work around now in
any case (60 points!).

Julia