Re: how to quickly read a >10MB big file
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72836] Re: how to quickly read a >10MB big file
- From: "P.Wholey" <p.wholey at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:34:19 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hello, Friends: It is a file which has nearly 100,000 data lines. The file size is larger than 10MB. Using mathematica 5, it takes over 30 mins to read the data in; but using fortran, it takes only several secs. Does anyone has a good idea to read such a file quickly. Many thanks for any help in advance!