Re: Newbie question - saving file in command-line

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72876] Re: Newbie question - saving file in command-line
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 05:38:30 -0500 (EST)

         There's a section "Session Logging" in Roman Maeder's book,
Programming in Mathematica that tells you exactly how to do this.
Section 9.4.3 even tells you how to save the log as a notebook.

I occasionally use these methods for running long calculations in batch
mode.  But the notebook interface is so much better for anything

John Jowett

"Rayne" <ghcgwgwg at> wrote in message
news:eovf67$rno$1 at
I am a new user of Mathematica, and tend to use the command-line version
more than the notebook interface. I would like to know how I can save my
work in .nb format when I'm in the command-line environment, that is, save
all my input and output so that when I open the .nb file in the notebook
interface, all my work will still be intact.

Thank you.