re: Databaselink and MySQL

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72887] re: Databaselink and MySQL
  • From: Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 05:46:09 -0500 (EST)

With some prodding from Chris Williamson at Wolfram, I solved this.
Apparently, Mathematica had shipped with version 2.0.14 of the MySQL
driver. I replaced it in with the newest version (5.04), and all is
well.

For others who run into this problem, in my machine, the old driver
could be found at C:\Program Files\Wolfram
Research\Mathematica\5.2\AddOns\Applications\DatabaseLink\Java, and
the new one at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.0.html

Thank you,

Michael Stern