UI Question / Threading

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78423] UI Question / Threading
  • From: "jbaker75 at gmail.com" <jbaker75 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 07:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi -

I would like to do the following simple task, but cannot find out how
to do it. I would like to create a simple UI in mathematica that
updates itself on a regular basis. For example, I spawn a process that
computes the eigenvalues of a "random" matrix. I do this 1000 times.
If the matrix is large, this may take some time in a single thread.
Rather, while I do this, I would like to update a graphic showing the
density of states..., i.e. a histogram of the eigenvalues. I would
like to update regularly, say every fifty experiments.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? I am using Mathematica
6.0. But also have 5.2 as well.

Thank you!
Jeff Baker