Re: Re: Re: problem with Pick

On Jul 2, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:

On 1 Jul 2007, at 16:31, Chris Chiasson wrote:

On Jun 29, 4:40 am, J=E1nos <janos.l... at yale.edu> wrote:
Like barbers who are shaving themselves... :)

J=E1nos
P.S.  I am hearing someone turning slowly in his grave....

On Jun 28, 2007, at 4:26 AM, DrMajorBob wrote:

That's entirely contrary to the documentation, which says that Pick
"picks
out those ELEMENTS of list for which the corresponding ELEMENT of
sel is
True."

How is a list its own ELEMENT, if English words mean anything?

Bobby

LOL

Actually, there is nothing at all unusual about barbers shaving themselves. I am sure lots of barbers do it. Russell's illustration (of a variant of his paradox) was about a barber who "shaved everyone in town who did not shave himself". It would take more than all the resourcefulness of Figoro, the barber of Seville, to relate this to

Figaro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figaro

János

------
"..because Annushka has already bought sunflower oil, and not only bought it, but spilled it too."
Bulgakov: Master and Margarita