Re: problems with Export to HTML

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78551] Re: [mg78515] problems with Export to HTML
  • From: "Igor C. Antonio" <igora at wolf-ram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 05:31:42 -0400 (EDT)

Ken Levasseur wrote:
> I've been trying to export a Notebook to a web page in Mathematica
> 6.0 and have been unsuccessful using either the menu item "Save as"
> or the Export  function.   If I use the menu item, I get a blank html
> page.  If I evaluate the expression
>
>             Export["Testing.html", "Testing.nb", "HTML"]
>
> I get a page with just the string "Testing.nb"  in it.  I can see
> why, but I also can't find documentation on how to use Export the
> same way as HTMLSave, which is now obsolete.
>
> HTMLSave does still work, but evaluating  the expression
>
>          HTMLSave["Testing.html", "Testing.nb"]
>
> doesn't  create a link to the contents of a closed group, if there is
> one.
>

> Ken Levasseur
> UMass Lowell

Ken,

Please file a bug report with our Technical Support department
(support at wolfram.com).  If you can, please submit the notebook you used.

Try using the Export[] command directly: To export a notebook to HTML using
Export, you can provide a Notebook expression or NotebookObject to Export and it
will create the HTML page. One way is to do this:

nb = NotebookOpen["<notebookfilepath>"];
Export["test.html", nb, "HTML", "ConvertClosed"->True]

("ConvertClosed" is an option to include the contents of closed cells in the
webpage.  It's set to False by default.  This will be changed in either the next
minor update to Mathematica or the one after)

Thanks,

Igor

--
Igor C. Antonio
Wolfram Research, Inc.

To email me personally, remove the dash.