Intel duo/ quad core experience? (windows)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78632] Intel duo/ quad core experience? (windows)
  • From: kristoph <kristophs.post at web.de>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 05:52:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying a new desktop pc any time soon. Since I will
need some computer power for simulation reasons in the future I would
kindly ask for your experience, if any with the above cpu's. Will I
benefit for due/ quad core cpu's?
Since Intel will cut prices in half by the end of the month it could
become attractive to buy the quad core version.

Thanks a lot,
Kristoph