Re: Re: Rotable Graphics and ViewPoint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78633] Re: [mg78501] Re: Rotable Graphics and ViewPoint
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <sh2.7183 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 05:52:52 -0400 (EDT)

Helen,

Here's a button that pastes ViewPoint and ViewVertical values into
the input cell. Just select the entire cell group that contains the
input cell and resulting graphic, and click the button. Perhaps it
will be a reasonably convenient solution, once put on a palette that
your students can access.

Button["Get 3D ViewPoint",
  Module[{vops, vp, vv, vpstr, vvstr, a, b, c, nb = InputNotebook[]},
   If[MatchQ[NotebookRead[nb],
     Cell[CellGroupData[{Cell[___],
        Cell[BoxData[Graphics3DBox[___]], ___]}, _]] ],
    SelectionMove[nb, After, CellContents];
    SelectionMove[nb, All, CellContents];
    vops = {ViewPoint, ViewVertical} /.
        Cases[NotebookRead[nb], _Rule];
    {vp, vv} = vops;
    If[Not[VectorQ[vp]], vp = {1.3, -2.4, 2}];
    If[Not[VectorQ[vv]], vv = {0, 0, 1}];
    SelectionMove[nb, Previous, Cell];
    SetOptions[NotebookSelection[nb],
     ShowCursorTracker -> False];
    NotebookWrite[nb, NotebookRead[nb] //. {
       RowBox[{a___, ",", RowBox[{"ViewPoint", ___}], c___}] ->
        RowBox[{a, c}],
       RowBox[{a___, ",", RowBox[{"ViewVertical", ___}], c___}] ->
        RowBox[{a, c}]}];
    SelectionMove[nb, Previous, CellContents];
    SelectionMove[nb, After, CellContents] ;
    SelectionMove[nb, Previous, Character] ;
    vpstr = StringReplace[
      "," <> If[VectorQ[vp], ToString[ViewPoint -> vp], ""], {" " -> "",
       "->" -> "=E2=86=92"}];
    vvstr =  StringReplace[
      If[VectorQ[vv], "," <> ToString[ViewVertical -> vv], ""], {" " -=

 > "",
    NotebookWrite[nb, vpstr, After];
    NotebookWrite[nb, vvstr];
    SelectionMove[nb, All, Cell];
    SetOptions[NotebookSelection[nb], ShowCursorTracker -> Automatic]
    ] ] ]

Regards,
Selwyn Hollis