Re: Working with factors of triangular numbers.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78742] Re: [mg78490] Working with factors of triangular numbers.
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:11:34 -0400 (EDT)

Just one more remark. I have found that even this relatively slow
program on my slow 1 gigahertz PowerBook can compute

T[8] // Timing
{61.9871, 1413721}

and

Timing[T[9]]
{932.333005, 27331921}

the time complexity of the algorithm is clearly very high, which
suggests that perhaps even a much faster implementation will not be
able to compute many more values in a reasonable time.

Andrzej Kozlowski