Re: save as (regular) html problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78808] Re: save as (regular) html problem
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:28:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:30:00 UT, Tom Zeller wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I do not see the "can not find" message on my Windows box upon saving
> as html with both the notebook and stylesheet in the same dir.  Not sure
> what is going on in your situation.
>
> Tom Zeller
> Wolfram Research Technical Support

I should have been more specific. The error message is only shown if
one brings up the "Why the Beep?" dialog after rendering the HTML.

Here is a screenshot of my Message Options settings (in case you have
turned off your beep warning) and a screenshot of the actual error
message:

http://test.chris.chiasson.name/fuel-cell-electrochemistry/Global%20Message%20Options.png

http://test.chris.chiasson.name/fuel-cell-electrochemistry/Why%20the%20Beep%20Stylesheet%20Not%20Found.png

It can be seen that Mathematica isn't using the stylesheet because, if
one installs the stylesheet* and then runs the conversion, the
Notebook Code cells come out properly sized and green instead of
truncated and white. Of course, that means Save As HTML is using the
Working environment, which I don't want, instead of the Printing
environment - but that is for another support request.

*File->Install:
Source: ElectrochemistryStyle.nb
Install Name: ElectrochemistryStyle.nb

Why is it desirable to not install the stylesheet? "Installing" the
stylesheet means copying it to a directory away from the rest of the
files to which the stylesheet belongs. Among other things, this makes
a custom stylesheet difficult  to use in a Wolfram Workbench project
and difficult to use with source code management systems. This
situation would be like Firefox not saving web pages with appropriate
CSS unless all the website's CSS files were copied to the user's
personal stylesheet directory.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/