piecewise plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78854] piecewise plot
  • From: "Jake Trexel" <jtrexel at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 06:11:24 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to plot something like this with version 6
At time 0 to 10 the current is 0, at time 10 to 20 it is 1, time 20 to 30 it
is 0, time 30 to 40 it is -0.5, time 40 to 50 it is 0, then at time 50 to 60
it is +2.
I would like to break each of these up into something like this eq1:= for 0
to 10, eq2 := 10 to 20 and so on.  Then I want to combine the equations into
a plot.  Then I would like to fill in the different sections with different
colors.
I will then go one with another eq. that uses these results and filled in
areas to show  how they interact.  I will worry about this after my first
question.
Can some one help me?
thanks
Prof. Jake
Former Professor of Mechanical Engineering