Re: BesselK problems at large argument?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78911] Re: [mg78860] BesselK problems at large argument?
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 05:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

If I understand your integrals, they can be done symbolically.

$Version

5.2 for Mac OS X (June 20, 2005)

Clear[expr];

expr[n_,a_, w_]=Integrate[r^n * BesselK[0, w * r]^2,
    {r, a, Infinity}, Assumptions->{w>0, a>0}]

(1/4)*Sqrt[Pi]*w^(-n - 1)*MeijerG[{{}, {1, (n + 2)/2}},

Table[expr[1,a,w],{a,.5,1.5,.25},
  {w,.5,1.5,.25}]

Table[expr[3, a, w], {a, .5, 1.5, .25},
  {w, .5, 1.5, .25}]