Re: Solving Simultaneous Differential Equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78944] Re: Solving Simultaneous Differential Equations
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:07:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

since you where not so kind to provide an example
here are the Roesseler equations
deqn={(x^\[Prime])[t]==-y[t]-z[t],(y^\[Prime])[t]==x[t]+a
y[t],(z^\[Prime])[t]==b+(-c+x[t]) z[t]}

param = {a -> 1/5, b -> 1/5, c -> 57/10};

roess = NDSolve[
    Join[deqn /. param, {x[0] == 5, y[0] == 5, z[0] == 1}], {x[t],
     y[t], z[t]}, {t, 0, 40}];

and

Plot[x[t] /. roess[[1]], {t, 0, 40}]

will plot the x[t] solution, y[t] you get with

Plot[y[t] /. roess[[1]], {t, 0, 40}]

and so on.

Regards
   Jens