Re: Re: annoying documentation in 6 (rant)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79033] Re: [mg79009] Re: annoying documentation in 6 (rant)
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 02:18:48 -0400 (EDT)

It's not what I'd call entirely obvious, but...

?ColorData

ColorData["scheme"] gives a function that generates colors in the \
named color scheme when applied to parameter values.
ColorData["scheme","property"] gives the specified property of a \
color scheme.
ColorData["collection"] gives a list of color schemes in a named \
collection.
ColorData[] gives a list of named collections of color schemes. >>

Armed with that, type...

ColorData[]

{"Gradients", "Indexed", "Named", "Physical"}

ColorData["Gradients"]

{"DarkRainbow", "Rainbow", "Pastel", "Aquamarine", "BrassTones", \
"BrownCyanTones", "CherryTones", "CoffeeTones", "FuchsiaTones", \
"GrayTones", "GrayYellowTones", "GreenPinkTones", "PigeonTones", \
"RedBlueTones", "RustTones", "SiennaTones", "ValentineTones", \
"AlpineColors", "ArmyColors", "AtlanticColors", "AuroraColors", \
"AvocadoColors", "BeachColors", "CandyColors", "CMYKColors", \
"DeepSeaColors", "FallColors", "FruitPunchColors", "IslandColors", \
"LakeColors", "MintColors", "NeonColors", "PearlColors", \
"PlumColors", "RoseColors", "SolarColors", "SouthwestColors", \
"StarryNightColors", "SunsetColors", "ThermometerColors", \
"WatermelonColors", "RedGreenSplit", "DarkTerrain", \
"GreenBrownTerrain", "LightTerrain", "SandyTerrain", \
"BlueGreenYellow", "LightTemperatureMap", "TemperatureMap", \
"BrightBands", "DarkBands"}

ColorData["Physical"]

{"BlackBodySpectrum", "HypsometricTints", "VisibleSpectrum"}

ColorData["HypsometricTints", "Panel"]

et cetera, et cetera, etc...

There's also the ColorSchemes palette, which would be more helpful if it
had scroll bars rather than sliders.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com