Re: Re: export data to spreadsheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79268] Re: [mg79234] Re: export data to spreadsheet
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 04:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

With Mathematica 6.0 (and possibly with 5.2 -- I don't recall) you want
to use Export.  The basic form is:

   Export["fname.xls",data]

or

   Export["fname.xls",data,"XLS"]

In the Documentation Center you could begin by searching on Export. Or,
since you know the file type is .xls, search for xls.  With the latter
search string, the first hit is XLS, and there you'll see an Export
example (as well as an import example)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305