RE: Workbench - any use to me?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79527] RE: [mg79490] Workbench - any use to me?
  • From: "Owen, HL \(Hywel\)" <h.l.owen at dl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:40:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tim,

We use Workbench extensively, but not really for Mathematica as it's
turned out. We've found Workbench to be very useful as a front-end for
writing multi-language code (we use Python, Fortran and Mathematica in a
mixed environment for numerical simulation), and use it as a front-end
for a Subversion server to keep track of the various versions of our
designs (you need a free plugin for that); Workbench is really good for
the latter.

Hywel