Inverse, numerical precision, simulation dynamical system

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77211] Inverse, numerical precision, simulation dynamical system
  • From: kristoph <kristophs.post at web.de>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:01:17 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Experts,
I am quiet new at the subject and would be grateful for a hint.

I'm simulating a stochastic dynamical system which includes
calculating the inverse of (for now) a 2-by-2 matrix. At each
iteration these values are inputs for the next. Simply using
Inverse[.] does a very poor job considering timing.

To speed up the process I used N[Inverse[.],1000]. It is better but
sometimes even a precision of 1000 is not enough resulting in an
"significant numerical error".
The dynamical system consists of 1000 iterations and I'm simulating it
500-800 times for statistical reasons thus, time is an issue.

Instead of using N[Inverse[.],1250] and so on for all iterations it
would be great if there is a way to speed up time and avoiding the
error.

Thank you very much and all the best.
Kristoph