Re: Strange behaviour in first example from Plot3D documentation

Andrew Moylan wrote:
> When I copy-and-paste into a new notebook the first Basic Example from
> the Plot3D documentation (Plot3D[Sin[x+y^2],{x,-3,3},{y,-2,2}]), it
> appears with the entire top surface coloured black. Can anyone
> replicate this behaviour?
>
> You can view a screenshot I created showing the Plot3D documentation
> and corresponding strange behaviour at this location:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.j.moylan/MathematicaScreenshots/photo?authkey=lxZHyQz6-vM#5070537911950306962

This might be system dependent (OS, graphic card, driver). The
expression works as expected on my system.

In[1]:= Plot3D[Sin[x + y^2], {x, -3, 3}, {y, -2, 2}]

[... A nice colorful graphic of the surface is displayed ...]

In[2]:= $Version

Out[2]= "6.0 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) (April 20, 2007)"

Regards,
Jean-Marc