Re: Dynamic 2D plotting in V6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77312] Re: [mg77195] Dynamic 2D plotting in V6
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:28:28 -0400 (EDT)

This improves the picture somewhat:

Panel[Column[{Row[{Slider[Dynamic[h]], Dynamic[h]}],
    Dynamic[Plot[-Log[10, h], {h, 1/10^14, 1}, PlotPoints -> 10,
      MaxRecursion -> 15, PlotRange -> {{-h/10, h}, {0, 14}}]]}]]

And, to get more control, we can do this:

{low, high} = 10^-{14, 8}; (* for instance *)
Panel[Column[{Row[{Slider[Dynamic[h], {low, high}], Dynamic[h]}],
    Dynamic[Plot[-Log[10, h], {h, low, high}, PlotPoints -> 100,
      MaxRecursion -> 15,
      PlotRange -> {{-h/10, h}, {0, -Log[10, low]}},
      ImageSize -> 500]]}]]

Now I can adjust the slider to 10^-11 or so and see a smooth curve (still
very steep) up to 14.

To think, we used to take most of the chart on faith!!

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com