Customising syntax colouring

The new syntax colouring in version 6 is great. Is it readily
customisable? Here's an arbitrary hypothetical example: Suppose I
wanted all input of the form f[_] to be automatically coloured
Darker[Green]. Is this easy?

I'm not sure if I've read about this before in the documentation; at
any rate, I can't find it now. As a side question: I'm having some
trouble getting accustomed to the new documentation interface. Any
crucial tips on using it efficiently?