Using Scaled[] in WindowSize

Here's an example copied from the documentation for WindowSize:

CreateDocument["text", WindowSize -> {Scaled[1/3],
         Scaled[1]}];

It's meant to create a window occupying a certain fraction of the
screen size. When I execute this example, however, or use Scaled[] at
all in a setting for WindowSize, I instead get a minimally-sized
window.

I posted a screenshot at
http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.j.moylan/MathematicaScreenshots/photo?authkey=lxZHyQz6-vM#5073170933966503554.

Does Scaled[] work with WindowSize for other people?