Graphics Cell to another notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77427] Graphics Cell to another notebook
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at materials-sciences.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 05:35:51 -0400 (EDT)

A minute after getting frustrated and sending the message below, I
discovered ToBoxes[g] which seems to do what I need. I think I just
discovered a bit of V6 eloquence.
Gerry F.

Gentleman,
I have an application that creates a new notebook, and builds up a
report in the new notebook. In V5, I've been getting graphics into the
notebook cells using
  Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript", DisplayString[g]], "Graphics"]
where g is some Mathematica graphic.( I got this approach from a tutorial at the
conference). What is the V6 equivalent. In other words, how to I use
NotebookWrite to put a graphic into a cell of a different notebook. I
suspect the approach is very different since "PostScript" is no longer
the native format.
Gerry Flanagan