Re: Export data in Mathematica 6 in TSV format
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg77454] Re: Export data in Mathematica 6 in TSV format
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:31:50 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <email@example.com>
XedeX wrote: > Using Mathematica 5.2 following commands to export and append data to a file work fine > Openstrm = OpenAppend[FilePath]; > Export[Openstrm, DataToExport, "TSV" ]; > Close[Openstrm]; > > Now in Mathematica 6 you can't use a stream anymore. You have to specify the path location. As a result the Export command overwrite the file instead of appending the data to the file. > > Can someone help me to append data to a file in the TSV format? > > Thx, > XedeX In version 6.0, Export also has trouble writing to pipes, e.g. Export["!cat >> file.txt", data, "Table"] Can someone come up with a general workaround (not just for appending to files)?