licensing issues with V6.0 Financial Data

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg77484] licensing issues with V6.0 Financial Data
  • From: dbsearch04 at
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 07:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

While reading about the V6 FinancialData[] capability, I found the
following sentence:

FinancialData provides gateways to external financial data sources.
Its use is subject to any restrictions associated with those sources,
and may require additional licensing.

Questions that come to my mind are:

- What are the sources of this data? such as Thomson Financial?
- What are posiible additional license restrictions?
- Are there any other license issues with V6.0 "curated data"?

If anyone has any information about this, I would appreciate it.