Re: 6.0 Get Graphics Coordinates...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77645] Re: 6.0 Get Graphics Coordinates...
  • From: yatesd at mac.com
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:29:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 13, 1:14 pm, roby.no... at gmail.com wrote:
> hello, what happened to:
> 5.2  Get Graphics Coordinates...
>
> in version 5.2 you could click inside a graphic and when holding down
> the <Ctrl> key the coordinates of the cursor within the graphics would
> be displayed. you could then click with the mouse and every clicked
> position got saved in a buffer. then you could copy and paste the
> saved coordinates as a list of number pairs.
>
> regards robert

I regretted that omission as well. The following code creates a small
palette which will display the co-ordinates for. It will also show the
date if you are hovering over a DateListPlot.

CreatePalette[
 Dynamic[Replace[
   MousePosition[
    "Graphics"], {a_,
     b_} :> {DateString[
      a, {"DayShort", "-", "MonthNameShort", "-", "Year"}], a, b}]],
 WindowTitle -> "Graph Coordinates"]