Re: Problem with Documentation Center in Mathematica 6 under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77630] Re: [mg77588] Problem with Documentation Center in Mathematica 6 under Linux
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:22:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:38:14 -0400 (EDT), jelser at hotmail.com wrote:
> I have installed Mathematica 6 on 3 different machines, 2 running
> opensuse 10.2, one 10.1.  The Documentation Center opens, but I cannot
> click or select anything in the toolbar (back, forward, search,
> etc...)  I can click on the links in each of the sections (Core
> Language, etc...), but cannot go back.  This makes navigating the help
> somewhat difficult.  The rest of the program seems to work just fine.
>
> I have tried a google search, looked through support.wolfram.com, and
> searched back through messages in this group, but have not found
> anyone else with the same problem.
>
> Has anyone else had the same problem?  Or any ideas on how to fix it?
>
> I should note that I have also installed it on several Windows
> machines without any major problems (aside from a weird font issue
> that I already solved).
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Justin

I'm not sure why the toolbar isn't working for you (you should pursue this with
Wolfram Technical Support if you haven't already), but I'm sure you'll be
interested to know that there are keyboard shortcuts for the backward/forward
functionality...Alt+Left Arrow and Alt+Right Arrow (identical to the keyboard
shortcuts used for many web browsers).

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com