ReplaceRepeated info

Hi everybody,
I need to use in my program ReplaceRepeated, and also to know, after
it has been applied, how many times a replacement happened. Say, after
this:

 Log[d p q r] Log[a b c d]//.Log[x_ y_] ->Log[x] + Log[y]

(Log[a] + Log[b] + Log[c] + Log[d]) (Log[d] + Log[p] + Log[q] +
Log[r])

... I'd need to know that it performed 6 substitutions.
There is a way with //. , or have I to resort to some loop around /. ,
checking myself when no change happens anymore?

Thank you!

Alessandro Magni